Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: FW: Question about GoToMyPc services

From: Sagiko <sagiko () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:59:18 +0800

hi,

Just some extra information about GoToMyPc from some experience in my place.

Actually the port 8200 is not necessory for using the GoToMyPc
although it would optimized the performance according to their
engineers.  If your block this port, the GoToMyPc will automatically
tunnel the traffic through port 443 (SSL).  So as long as your
firewall allow outbound 443 (SSL) connections to anywhere (most
companies will allow this as long as they allow the user to access the
web) , GoToMyPc will be working.

Also depends on your region, the GoToMyPc service will go to a
particular Citrix's server. And you can get this list from the
support.

regards,
Rick Zhong Liming

Welcome to SINgapore <IN>FOSECurity Interest Group at:
www.sinfosec.org