Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Instant Messaging hash values

From: David Siles <ctowizkid () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:53:10 -0500

Nick,

There is a list that contains many well known programs.  NIST
maintains the National Software Reference Library (NSRL).  We use
copies all the time in LE to match software that has been installed on
a suspects computer againsts known program software and specific
versions.

You will want to obtain DISK 3 of the RDS distribution that are
publicly available.  The latest versions are always provided to RDS
subscribers first in the LE community.

Regards,

Dave