Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Leveraging Kerberos for SSO

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:38:15 -0700

Hello,

Using Kerberos is the best option for providing SSO. However it really
depends on your application. Your application needs to be able to
support Kerberos. Windows 2003 server family / Active Directory
supports Kerberos. For tying Unix/Linux workstations into that (Active
Directory) environment you should take a look at Centrify <
http://www.centrify.com/ >. Centrify provides a whole solution for
that, plus they have some very informative white papers as well. As
part of the solution, centrify provides SPNEGO for web based apps
running on *nix servers as well. So it might be worthwhile to have
centrify come and do a presentation for your company.

Please provide some details some details on the environment that you
are trying to Kerberize.  I might be able to dig up something for you.