Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Brute Force Attacks [Telnet logons]

From: Rodrigo Blanco <rodrigo.blanco.r () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:06:14 +0200

These word lists were provided by other list members in SF some time ago:

http://archiv.egocrew.de/wordlists/
http://www.theargon.com/archives/wordlists/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wordlists&btnG=Google+Search
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/agobot_fo.shtml
http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html
http://www.openwall.com/wordlists/
ftp://ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/wordlists/

Best regards,
Rodrigo.

On 7 Aug 2005 18:25:28 -0000, steveo1620 () yahoo com <steveo1620 () yahoo com> wrote:
I'm currently in the midle of a security assessment / pen test for a client of mine.

They have a fairly solid perimeter except that they have telnet enabled on their pix515. (I know it is out of
production and support)

I'm looking for a tool or good password list that I can run on the login prompt.

I have Hydra and Brutus which both suppot telnet protocols BUT, the testing is only as good as the list.

So, if anyone knows of a tools that creates combinations from a list or if anyone knows of an extensive list it would
be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...