Security Basics mailing list archives

Bay Area Security User Group

From: "Salaets, Steven" <Steven.Salaets () windriver com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:57:24 +0200

All,

I recently moved from Paris to the Bay Area, working for a company named Wind River where I am responsible for
Information Security and currently I try to establish a security group in the bay area. The goal is to provide a forum
for experts to encourage discussion and share expertise in understanding the latest trends and security threats facing
computer networks, systems and data.

Members should be Information Security practitioners, managers, network administrators, etc.

The meetings are intended to be performed on a monthly basis. The location hasn't been verified yet but I am looking at
hosting the event in Alameda.

The meetings will not be used for solicitation purposes from any vendors. Although, some speakers may be from specific
vendors, the emphasis will be on the concepts and solutions and not specific products or services.

Contact me if you are interested in becoming a member and everything is still open for discussions therefore feel free
to email me suggestions. Remember: the plan is to establish the possibility to exchange of knowledge and skills among a
wide variety of information security experts.

Steven Salaets