Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SmoothWall-2.0

From: "Keith Bucknall (Promo-I.T LTD)" <keith.bucknall () promo-it co uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:50:30 +0100

Hi all

I have started to look into this, have installed at 1 office for the last 55
days without any issues. You have to keep up with updates, out of the box it
only uses a number of different Network cards so be careful.  The Smooth
wall website has all the details.

One section to check would the support forum and the Homebrew Threads there
are a lot of great free add ones and free utils such as bandwidth usage,
firewall add on's etc..

I have just recommended this for another two office installs and can not
fault the product, it also uses a flavour of Squid for the Web Proxy,
content filtering and Snort for IDS....

Keith Bucknall

M.B.C.S, MCSE+sec, MCSA, CSTA, MCP, A+, N+, Security+

Director

Promo-I.T. LTD

*  0845 004 5941 ext: 301

* www.promo-it.co.uk

* keith.bucknall () promo-it co uk

64 Chelmer Drive

South Ockendon

Essex.

RM15 6EE

Mob: 0797 1008673

Fax: 0870 762 7289

- Promo-I.T. Ltd is now a Professional Member of the British Computer
Society.

- Promo-I.T. Ltd Official Authorized Powershift Reseller for Netgear -
www.netgear.co.uk

- Promo-I.T. Proudly offers Special Offers on the PC Tools range of Anti
Spyware Products - www.pctools.com

- Need Remote Support contact us as Authorized Partners for Famatech Radmin
- www.famatech.com