Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Ad-aware installs spyware

From: "Joe George" <j.george () conservation org>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:54:26 -0400

Not to sound like the poster-child for Ad-Aware, but I've read articles
stating the power of Ad-Aware (free version) compared to others freeware
anti-spyware apps.  I've heard rumors before that Spybot S&D would
detect Ad-Aware as spyware because it being a competitive product, but
I've never experienced that firsthand.

Joe