Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hacked

From: Donald Voss <voss () albany edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:36:54 -0400

This morning I found a wwwhack window opened on one of my w2k servers,
antivirus agent was deleted (TrendMicro) and when I reinstall it back, it
found about 4500 viruses named PE_PARITE.B
[snip]

Does anyone knows how to remove this virus and avoid this hack
vulnerability?

It seems trend itself does not consider this a problem.
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_PARITE.B

+ there are many hits with a google search "PE_PARITE.B"

The trend page denotes: "maleware, non destructive" ..

get busy,

/don

--
Donald W. Voss                                    voss () albany edu
Sr. Systems Analyst

Skiing is the best possible way to deal with snow.

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security professionals. Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in Information Security offered online. Recognized by the NSA as an academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en