Security Basics mailing list archives

Blackberry Security concerns

From: "Nicholas Timperio" <ntimperio () hitechnique com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:10:10 -0700

Security-Basics -

We have a client that is thinking about having Blackberry Enterprise
Server installed on their Small Business Server.  My first thought is,
since this requires punching a hole through the firewall that we do not
have an application layer proxy for, that this should exist on a
demilitarized zone.  Has anyone deployed the Blackberry Enterprise
Server in a manner that they felt was secure?  If so, what was done.

Thanks,

- Nicholas

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
professionals.  Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
Information Security offered online.  Recognized by the NSA as an
academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en