Security Basics mailing list archives

Unknown Windows Service suspected Worm/Virus

From: "Neil Verkland" <VerklandN () macewan ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:30:39 -0600

I'm looking for information on the following windows XP service that was
found installed on various systems that have XP-SP2 installed and have
been virus scanned as clean.

Servicio de Agenda de Alejandria

If anyone can identify this windows service please respond. Systems
with this service seem to reboot automagically and terminal services is
started and I am unable to stop the service via the control panel.
Please also respond with the command line to stop a service. My windows
skill are not as prolific as Solaris. Thanks.

Neil S. Verkland, B.Sc.C.S.
Manager, Learning and Information Systems
Grant MacEwan College

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html