Security Basics mailing list archives

Moderator Policy on crossposts to Security-Basics

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:30:41 -0600 (MDT)

There have been an extraordinary number of new threads sent to the list
recently that are crossposted to other moderated lists. Please don't do
this.

Security-Basics is already very busy without crossposts, but more
importantly, it causes problems with the followups when one moderator
approves the thread while another does not. Many of SecurityFocus
moderators who look after our lower volume lists are quite strict about
crossposts as well, so I have no choice but to follow this policy.

If you must send your message to multiple lists, you are welcome to send
to each list independently. That way each moderator can retain control
over his list... and I don't have to spend several hours each day writing

Thanks, and keep up the great posts,

Kelly
Moderator, Security-Basics

--8<--cut here---8<---
Kelly Martin kel () securityfocus com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468