Security Basics mailing list archives

[RE: educating rDNS violators]

From: Pat Moffitt <pmoffitt () wrv com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:19:01 -0700

I am not attempting to verify the HELO Command. I am attempting to verify the IP Address of the system that is trying to make the SMTP connection. As such, this section of the RFC does not apply. I see nothing in this RFC that applies to using RDNS to reject mail connections, only on using RDNS to verify HELO commands.

Pat Moffitt
MIS Administrator
Western Recreational Vehicles, Inc.