Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: process viewer under win2k

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 04:00:34 +0200

On 2004-08-30 Marcin Szruba wrote:
Are there any commands to view and terminate running process on a
machine with win2k + sp4[pl].I know that winxp have tasklist and
taskkill for it.does win2k have equivalent commands?maybe you could
recommend some tools running from command prompt which can do that.

- Support Tools (kill.exe, tlist.exe), install from the Windows 2000 CD
- Debug Tools (kill.exe, better tlist.exe), download from microsoft.com
- PsTools (pskill.exe, pslist.exe), download from sysinternals.com
- Aintx (kill.exe, ps.exe), download from dwam.net
- probably others

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety, and will lose both."

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html