Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Intro To Hacking

From: "randori ." <randori82 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:32:30 +0000

There's a good (discontinued) book by Ed Skoudis out there, The Hack Counter-Hack Training Course: A Desktop Seminar. This books gives detailed setup procedures for creating your own physical lab for sec research.

My suggestion though, as others have pointed out, is the use VMWare or the like for your test environment. It's a very powerful and safe way to test security on different systems without having to worry about hardware (besides a beefy machine to run it vmware on).

Hope this helps.

          Andre Derek Protas
Security Engineer | Electus Solutions
      www.electussolutions.com