Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security Basics for Sales People

From: "Randori" <randori82 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:49:57 -0500

There's also a great article in IEEE Privacy & Security.  I'd suggest this
magazine as a great standard monthly view of what's going on in the sec
industry.
Issue:2004, Vol 2 (September/October)
Article: Basic Training: Computer Security

Not free, unless you're part of S&P for computer.org:
http://csdl2.computer.org/dl/mags/sp/2004/05/j6068.pdf

Hope that helps.  We're using that for our entry level technicians and sales
people to give them a decent understanding of network and general security.
Also, for those who want to learn more, Network Security Illustrated (ISBN =
0071415041) is a solid reference for more "talented" salespeople wanting to
impress their clients a little more.

Take care,

            Andre Derek Protas
Security Engineer | Electus Solutions