Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hard Drive data security

From: Ghaith Nasrawi <libero () aucegypt edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:23:59 +0000

<snip>
Why do they want your bad hard drive anyway?
</snip>

that's a good question. people might need to keep it in its original
physical shape in order to return it to the
retailer/manufacturer/distributor if it's still in the warranty period.
I've found this case zillion of times with large corporations having
good warranty terms!