Security Basics mailing list archives

netflow tools

From: "Mike" <securitybasics () infinity77 net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:38:07 -0400

Hello All,

   I have a cisco 6509 at the core of the network using the sup720 and of
course it doesn't support the top talkers feature. This makes Identifing DoS
attacks much harder than it needs to be. From what I can tell the best
solution would be to export the netflow data to a server and run software on
the server for analysis. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good
tutorials regarding this?

I mean, I already have the data being exported to a server with flowtools
but I'm looking for more information about using flowtools to make it more
informative.

Thanks