Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: USB Security

From: "Keller, Tim" <Tim.Keller () stratus com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:52:16 -0500

I see this as a poor tool for a bad situation.

If you've got a situation where you've got a user whose got access to
information that can't under any circumstances leave the building, why are
you giving this person a real PC in the first place?

This would seem to be the perfect opportunity to deploy a thin client system
where the real machine is locked away in a server room and the person has a
monitor/keyboard/mouse and nothing else.

Yeah, the initial expense is going to be more, but it has to be weighted
against the cost of the data this person works leaving the building...