Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Information on Bandwidth Issues

From: "Edgar Zapata" <ezapata () grupodetector com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:33:15 +0100

Check out this URL
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configura
tion_guide_chapter09186a008007ebf9.html as well as "port monitor"
command.
This way you should be able to configure a single port on (at least the
2950) switch that would mirror all the traffic.....

That will do.
Sorry if I dind't take the time to look in deeper.  I know this works.

Regards.

Edgar Zapata Lucas
Departamento Sistemas
DETECTOR, S.A.
Avda. Industria, 6 Edificio A, 3a planta
28108 Alcobendas - Madrid
Tlf:  +34-91 490 30 30 - Directo: 91 490 38 80
Fax: +34 91 662 67 04
www.grupodetector.com
ezapata () grupodetector com

--- Begin Message --- From: "Keith Bucknall" <keith.bucknall () zen co uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:34:19 +0100
Chuck

Thanks for the information I have not done anything as of yet as I do not
know the best approach to take.  My boss just put's it down to Large Emails
and our T/S application's always printing.

I would like an IDS but we do not have anything as of yet, we have 3com 4250
switches and 2950 (I think!) GIG switches do you know how I could configure
a single port on each that would mirror all the traffic.....

Our main SQL database is a custom app written by 3rd party but we have over
150 T/S sessions using it

Keith