Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VPN overkill?

From: "Justin Acquaro" <JAcquaro () csmcorp com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:18:56 -0500

        You should be able to get away with just one concentrator in the
central office and a PIX at the remote site(s). It just seems silly for
the remote office to get a dedicated concentrator if they aren't that
big, plus you don't need to have a separate firewall/router which you
would need if you wanted a concentrator in the remote office. If you
have more then 100 people in that remote office I might see an argument
but for a small office a single PIX firewall VPN system on a single
circuit should prove to be fine.

Justin Acquaro
IT/MIS
Creative Socio-Medics