Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CA eTrust AV

From: "Dan Tesch" <dan.tesch () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:35:51 -0600

Yes, I use it.  I have previously used the Symantec Corporate product
which I liked and found pretty easy and intuitive to use.

I would agree that the support is dreadful, I also use CA BrightStor and
that support leaves something to be desired also.

The eTrust took a long time to get completely set up on a network of
1 distribution server, 10 servers and about 30 desktops - I'd estimate
about 50 - 60 hours to get it where I was really happy with it.

I can say now that it is working pretty much OK but I have a new machine
I just added to the network running XPSP2 and I can't get the remote install
to work and I suspect the SP2 - anyone have a fix for that?

Do any of you use CA eTrust Antivirus 7 or 7.1 ?

We have 4000 users.  Product seems effective but CA support is dreadful.

Cannot get simplest of answers.  I have a senior engineer teaching their
Helpdesk about the product.

Anybody have good or bad experience of this product ?

Thanks in advance.