Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Cisco CSA

From: "Scherer, Brian" <BScherer () dialamerica com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:29:58 -0400

CSA is a host based IPS

"Cisco Security Agent provides threat protection for server and desktop
computing systems, also known as endpoints. It identifies and prevents
malicious behavior, thereby eliminating known and unknown ("Day Zero")
security risks and helping to reduce operational costs. The Cisco
Security Agent aggregates and extends multiple endpoint security
functions by providing host intrusion prevention, distributed firewall
capabilities, malicious mobile code protection, operating system
integrity assurance, and audit log consolidation, all within a single
product. And because Cisco Security Agent analyzes behavior rather than
relying on signature matching, it provides robust protection with
reduced operational costs."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/