Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Ping Tool

From: "Joao Pedro Franco e Silva" <pepe () silverspot org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:18:54 +0100

What about fping?

- Joao
----
João Pedro Franco e Silva
http://labworking.net
joao.silva () labworking net

-----Original Message-----
From: Ms.Sonika Malhotra [mailto:sonikam () magnum barc ernet in]
Sent: segunda-feira, 17 de Maio de 2004 12:10
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Ping Tool

Hello List,

I want to know if some tool is available for generating the
Host-list in
the LAN(nmap takes a long time for Class-A range.) .The extra
feature I
want is this tool should be capable of updating the list when
new hosts
come up in the LAN , and should delete the Hosts from the
list which are
not responding for a long time.

How do I write such a utility, any pointers ? or any links
for any such
tool already available.

Thankyou and regards
Sonika

-------------
Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and
get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10
students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert
instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of
in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab.
Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your
organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html