Security Basics mailing list archives

symantec mail security

From: "Josh Mills" <JMills () cnbwaco com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:21:27 -0600

I am currently using symantec mail security for microsoft exchange and i need to figure out how to block attachments
inside of zip files, if this is even possible. I currently strip almost every attachement other than zip files but
symantec will not strip the files out of the zip archive. I have configure it to scan into the archive but all it does
not delete the file even if it has a prohibited attacement. Is there a way to delete the files out of a archived
attachement?

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/InfoSecInstitute_security-basics_040303