Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ESTMP Exploits & Security

From: "Dante Mercurio" <Dante () webcti com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:34:42 -0500

I seem to remember a firewall or gateway product that distinguished
telnet attempts to an SMTP service by the fact that a manual telnet
session sends each character in a separate packet, and a true mail
connection does not.

I don't remember much detail, but may be a good place to start.

M. Dante Mercurio
dante () webcti com
Consulting Group Manager
Continental Technologies, Inc