Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Recommending an IDS system

From: "Buyer Jr, David" <DBuyer () KaleidaHealth Org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:51:33 -0500

I think your talking about the HIDS product. I cant say anything for or
against ISS on that since I haven't used it. I have however tested the Cisco
HIDS and it is really bad. It is hard to manage and also crashes all the
time (as did the VMS system for the IDS product). Like I said before, ISS
beats Cisco hands down anyway you look at it for their IDS product
(especially the inline Proventia stuff). See for yourself though and have
both of them bring in their appliances and test them yourself.

David Buyer