Security Basics mailing list archives

SV: Authencity of AV downloads

From: "Anders Lundman" <Anders.Lundman () skb se>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:45:37 +0100

Hi all

With regards to Checking AV files for authenticity. It is possible to check this in McAfee's .zip files. Follow this
link to info from NAI.
https://knowledgemap.nai.com/phpclient/viewKDoc.aspx?externalID=KB_nai18653&sliceID=&docID=KC.KB_nai18653&url=kb/kb_nai18653.xml&dialogID=5214837&docType=DOC_KnowledgeBase&iterationID=1

I would imagine that this process can be duplicated by extracting validate.exe and running in directory of choice
containing McAfee files,

Regards

Anders Lundman

"What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence;The question is, what can you make people believe that you
have done." --Sherlock Holmes in "A Study in Scarlet"