Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Recommending an IDS system

From: Bhargav Bhikkaji <bbhikkaji () yahoo co in>
Date: 4 Mar 2004 05:53:44 -0000

New version of Cisco IDS runs on Linux box where as older version runs on Solaris.

-Bhargav

From: "Josh Mills" <JMills () cnbwaco com>
To: "AJ Butcher, Information Systems and Computing" <Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk>,
      "Reza Kordi" <rk () 4unet net>,
      "Andy Cuff" <lists () securitywizardry com>,
      "security-basics" <security-basics () securityfocus com>

We were on a netranger box and it was definetly solaris but when we =
switched the sales rep said it was now running on redhat. I will double =
check later today and see what it is actually running.