Security Basics mailing list archives

address sources for virus distribution?

From: "Ken Burns" <KCB () KCBurns com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:43:47 -0600

I am well aware that virus writers have, for several years, been harvesting
e-mail addresses from the address books on infected computers for use in
further distributing their wares.  I am now told that they are also
harvesting addresses from browser caches and other sources on the infected
computers.

Is this true?

Where can I go for further reading?

Thanks,

Ken

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html