Security Basics mailing list archives

SF new article announcement: TCP/IP Skills for Security Analysts (Part 2) (fwd)

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:23:00 -0600 (MDT)

The following article was published on SecurityFocus today:

TCP/IP Skills for Security Analysts (Part 2)
By Don Parker  Jun 09, 2004

This article series guides users new to the security field through some of
the key skills required to work as a security analyst. Part two puts the
skills into context by simulating a "day in the life" of a network
security analyst, using an example of what steps to take when new exploit
code appears.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1784

--8<--cut here---8<---
Kelly Martin kel () securityfocus com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html