Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: OT: LInksys router BEFSR41 dead... anything i can do? (SOLVED!)

From: "Bruyere, Michel" <mbruyere () ezemcanada com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:15:47 -0400

Hi,
        Big thanks to all of you who sent me ideas and trick to make it
revive, it worked!

I did try the hard reset many, many, many times and the cycling power
trick to finally get it back to life. I can now access the web interface
to configure it. One thing still weird, the DHCP "server" seems to be
screwed. I had to manually configure the IP 192.168.1.2 to access the
device; I had errors about DHCP not avail. I'll re-flash it with the
latest FW (was 1.45.7 in it) if there is a newer version or I'll
reinstall this one. Hopefully this will fix the bugs.

Thanks again ;)

Michel Bruyere
Network/systems administrator
CompTIA A+, Network+
The quickest way to find something
is to start looking for something else.
:-)

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html