Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Disaster Recovery Plan

From: Matthew Crape <ka55ad () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:00:16 -0400

Thanks for the response. I was looking for software and so forth to
use. I would like to have something like a Symantec Ghost server which
can create a ghost image over the network nightly of all the servers,
but the key would to be have no downtime. Right now we use Tapeware
for the tape backup and it can make full backups when the systems are
up and running. If I could find something very similar to image the
hard drives onto a remote NAS or something, that would put my mind at
ease. Lets face it, restoring an image created the night before is
preferable to restoring a master tape, and then the differential. Just
the time difference alone would presumably be beneficial.

As far as hardware and OS goes - its all AMD machines running Win2k
Server and a HP tape drive.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:47:41 -0500, Holmes, Brian