Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: virus mail ignores MX?

From: Andrej Kacian <andrej () kacian sk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 03:47:14 +0200

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:41:12 +0000
"Monty Ree" <chulmin2 () hotmail com> wrote:

so I think some virus mail ignores MX, right?

What's the problem and how can I solve this problem?

The problem, as I see it, is that, as you stated, some email worms ignore MX
records, or try to use all MX records they can find.

You can solve this problem by not expecting email worms to use primary MX
server. I suggest anti-virus scanning on both mailservers.

--
/~\ The ASCII        Andrej "Ticho" Kacian <andrej at kacian dot sk>
\ / Ribbon Campaign  GnuPG public key ID: 7CD93FE2 (pgp.mit.edu)