Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: antivirus for linux

From: "Rocky Heckman" <rocky.he () g-wizinnovations com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:16:51 +1000

Sophos Anti Virus is also a great one to use on almost any platform
including *nix. It does real time scanning including Gateway and email
scanning. It works with MimeSweeper for Span and profanity checking too.
The system even comes with a callable API so you can write your own
applications that do various virus scanning operations.

http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

It's worth a look. It's not too pricey either (comparatively).

RH