Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Can snort cut off connections ?

From: "Jordan, Jason D. \"Dallas\"" <Jason.Jordan () honeywell-tsi com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:35:16 -0400

I know there was a project called Hogwash that used the snort engine and could adjust its rule set to block the ip
addresses that set the alarm off.  I think it used maybe iptables as the firewall on it and snort would just add a
block rule for the
offending IP.  The only thing was it had to be inline with whatever machine you were protecting.

Dallas Jordan  MCSE, CCNA, Security+
Electronics Technician II
Honeywell Technology Solutions
1010 Bankton Drive