Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Can snort cut off connections ?

From: "Jason Haith" <jhaith () genesissys com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:58:16 -0500

You can use snort-inline as an intrusion prevention system, which drops
packets based on certain rules, this can be found at sourcefogre.net.

Also I believe I read something on modifying snort to communicate with
certain types of firewalls, never tried it, but pretty sure it's
possible.

If you google 'snort ips setup' you will find some more information on
it, probably something more specific to your needs.

Snort-inline: http://snort-inline.sourceforge.net/

-jhaith