Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Anti-Virus on web facing servers??

From: "Rocky Heckman" <rocky.he () g-wizinnovations com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:57:33 +1000

In addition to that you can also install ISAPI real time filters. They're
designed to be fast and can be configured to scan stuff being uploaded to
the server. Norman Virus Control for IIS (not Norton)
(http://www.norman.com/Product/Corporate/Servers/Virus_Control/10801/en )
has a solution that does this with ISAPI filters. Or you could write your
own ISAPI extension that calls a third party virus engine like Sohpos SAVI,
or Symantec Scan Engine.

They're pretty fast and can scan about 50 files a second, so the overhead
isn't significant.

RH