Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: advice

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:22:20 -0500

That is the reason many times for asking if the interviewee holds a
degree.  Not for the knowledge in the degree area - that may never even
be asked - but if the person has the ability and "sticktooitvness" TO
learn.  I have been asked if I HELD a degree many times, but seldom what
in (other than "is it in a technical area?".

Nat.Hague () omigroup com wrote:

In my opinion; if you have acheived an MCSE alone it is a foundation
certificate to prove you can learn and have learnt. Once this is coupled
with practical experienced, and another certification it shows a good
understanding of your trade. The same could be said for any single
certification.

--
James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!