Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Multilayer Protection from 4 different antiviralwares...?

From: "Rod Trent" <rodtrent () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:08:00 -0500

Knowing that 1 single antiviral ware can not detect every virus/worm and
the difference in the time virus >>defitions are released,  I've tried to
install many as possible to try and get multiple layer protection.

I've never heard of anyone doing this -- or at least successfully.  And, I'm
not sure you even need to.

Please keep in mind that AntiVirus apps are not the 100% solution.  You have
to have an understanding of computer security to provide a total secure
solution.  AntiVirus is only part of it.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!