Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to secure my yahoo account

From: Byron Sonne <blsonne () rogers com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:15:21 -0500

How can you know if your yahoo account password has been cracked in case
  <snip>
could give you the passwd.

I would furthermore eliminate accessing your yahoo account from Microsoft based operating systems. You'll be multiplying the odds of getting that account snarfed and cracked through alot of different avenues, and not necessarily browser related ones. Ah, active content in email. Idiotic.

Whereas with another OS you don't have as many vulnerabilities to begin with. Still sucks, but better to have less to contend with. Nothing is perfect, it's all about trying to tweak the odds in your favour.

--

For Good, return Good. For Evil, return Justice.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less. We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention, and many other technical hands on courses. Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off any course! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------