Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: OWA security

From: "Martin K. Lee - XML Consulting" <martin.lee () xmlconsulting com au>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:47:22 +1100

Hi Beverly,

If you are serious about security you shouldn't use HTTP for OWA access
in the first place. HTTPS would help in this case (Well be aware of DoS
though).

Well if you are adding a separate web server into the network, I would
suggest a firewall for separating the web server and the internal
network. You may like to consider removing the connection of the PIX to
the internal network and make a DMZ for the web server.

My 2 cents...

Martin K. Lee