Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Out of my league.....

From: "Jeff Johnson" <jjohnson () redoakgroup com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:39:10 -0600

To all who replied on my little problem....thanks.  I did find later that
someone had set exclusions on the AV app to exclude dll and ocx
files.....ran a full system scan, and it found several lurking (including
Backdoor.DkAngel, IRC Trojan, and Downloader.Trojan).  Changed scanning
options, ran full scans....ran spybot check....now I need to do system
reboot and patch checks.  Unfortunately, office manager won't let me take
the system down during the day for an hour.  :(

Hopefully will be fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks again to all.

Jeff