Security Basics mailing list archives

Outpost firewall does NOT have Back Orifice trojan program

From: "Mortis" <m0rtis () adelphia net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:09:09 -0500

I have found  this file below in Outpost firewall
Pro 2.0.238.3121(290) :
C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\Service.lst

After opening it with Notepad I found a trace of
"Back Orifice trojan
program"  :

[udp]
7,ECHO,Echo
9,Discard,Discard
13,Daytime,Daytime
4000,ICQ,ICQ chat program
31337,BackOrifice,Back Orifice trojan program
 <<<=====NOTE Please **

Don't panic.

It's just a text file that lists what services or programs
commonly listen on a given TCP port.  BackOrifice has been
known to listen on port 31337 (eleet).

Always remember, though, just because port 80 is open
doesn't mean it is http listening.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!