Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Outpost firewall Pro 2.0.238.3121(290) has Back Orifice trojan program

From: "Mike" <mike () superiorholidayadventures ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:54:09 -0500

That looks like an internal "port to service" list.  It's the same as
what you'd see at:

I really don't feel that you have the BackOrifice trojan installed.  If
you need to be sure, on a known clean machine, get TCPView or TDIMon
from sysinternals.com and put it on a cd.  Take that CD to your suspect
computer to see if any ports out of the ordinary are open and listening.

Mike Fetherston