Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network discovery

From: "wortos" <wortos () myway com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:29:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

You could use What'sUp Gold but it can be quite pricey for 5000 pc's.

What about freeware? NetworkView will show you a Visio-like graph and data on ports and services and devices for an ip
range.  Also you can filter the view by properties.  Google it or email me off list to send it to you.

Also you can use NMap in a Windows version. I like the one compliled by OpenExtra.  It is a single file with everything
you need to install NMap in a Win Machine.

Hope that helps.