Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to secure my yahoo account

From: "Rob Campbell" <RobbieCampbell () Earthlink net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:58:00 -0600

If you have access to weblogs (like on a webserver), then pick a GIF out of
that webservers images, and copy/rename it with a goofy name like
bxtxbxtx.gif.  Now put this gif in an email (not an attachment, but inside
the email as insert image) and send it to your own yahoo account.
Immediately open this email.....it will request the gif via http and be
logged on the weblogs, with the requesting IP (YOu in this case).  Now all
you have to do is keep checking the webslogs to see if anyone else opens
this gif (shown as a GIF request on the logs), and not only will you know
when they checkit, but their IP.

Rob Campbell
Personal Email       Robbie.Campbell () sbcglobal net
Personal Cell          (817) 821-3367
PO Box 1314
Hurst, TX 76053