Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How to secure my yahoo account

From: "Hagen, Eric" <ehagen () DenverNewspaperAgency com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:50:57 -0700

I would recommend using a more secure email service such as HushMail.  (I am
not affiliated with them, nor am I a customer since I run my own mail
service).  They offer secure encrypted webmail for free and let you pay for
an account with encrypted IMAP access and other goodies.  They store the
email encrypted on the server and you can choose to PGP encrypt outgoing
mail.  Also, it uses a client-side java encryption that ensures your
communications are given additional encryption beyond the HTTPS:// SSL.

If that's not an option, use the webbug to find out if someone is spying on
you and/or change your password as soon as possible if you're worried about
your security.

Eric