Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network discovery

From: "Andy Cuff" <lists () securitywizardry com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:50:12 -0000

Hi Gery
I have compiled salient details on 10 Network Enumeration tools, the quality
of data that they provide varies greatly between products, but they are
worth checking out.  Also worthy of note are active fingerprinters and full
blown network vulnerability scanners, the latter of which may be overkill
for what you desire but they are generally effective at identifying hosts.
However, as you are scanning 70 sites bandwidth may be an issue therefore
distributed vulnerability scanners may prove preferable

Network Enumerators
http://www.securitywizardry.com/enum.htm

Active Fingerprinters
http://www.securitywizardry.com/osfa.htm