Security Basics mailing list archives

NTLM authentication with Linux

From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:06:21 +0100

Hi list !

I set up a RedHat 9 box on my network, and face now troubleshooting when trying to access outside through an ISA 2000
Firewall. I tried to dig googling around, sniffing my connection to try to understand what is going on, and I think the
trouble comes from ISA and RedHat: ISA seems to require NTLM authentication (I cannot change this), and obviously Linux
does not speak natively this "language".

So, anyone knows a tool running on Linux that will allow me to pass through an ISA Firewall ? Any clue will be
appreciated, I am stuck with this and I need an outside connection :(

Thanks list !