Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows XP local Privileges

From: "Mike" <mike_sha () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:06:02 -0500

Disable the Group Policy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rashied Sambo [mailto:Rashied () Honey-CT co za]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 2:26 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Windows XP local Privileges

Hi

Not sure if this was mentioned already,so hopefully I am not being
redundant.
My problem is this:-

We have a Small Bus. Server, App server and terminal server. I have
added
a new workstation to log onto the domain. But now the XP pc's local
privileges is being dictated by the SBS domain server. Normaly I would
like this but our internet is via proxy on the SBS server and to be
able
to activate windows xp via the internet I need admin rights on the
workstation. Could you guys (and gals) help me by telling what to try
have my workstation dictate its own rights and not authenticate its
rights
form the server?

Thanx

Rashied Sambo